15 February 2022, UK: The latest issue of Hutton Highlights, our quarterly review showing how Hutton science is driving the sustainable use of land and natural resources, is now available from our Hutton Highlights pages.
Our February 2022 issue includes:
- Evidence given on challenges facing Scotland’s islands
- Peatland restoration project in Forth catchment receives £1m boost
- Loss of tree species has cumulative impact on biodiversity
- Rethinking our relationship with nature
- Beavering away to restore Scotland’s rivers
- Outrage and optimism in the face of the climate crisis
- New research on impact of COVID on women in agriculture
- Barley scientists of the future get £9m boost
- Future agri scientists to be supported by £3.6m training partnership
- Plants for the Future: sustainable and innovative agricultural systems
- Why COVID is not a good stress test of our food supply chain resilience
- Plans afoot for UK’s first purpose-built greenhouse gas observatory
- Plus much more!