11 July 2023, Colorado: The Aquatic Plant Management Society (APMS) will hold its 2023 annual meeting July 24-27 in Indianapolis, Indiana. APMS is an affiliate of the Weed Science Society of America (WSSA), which will play an active role in the event.
Dozens of presentations and discussions involving research and best practices in aquatic plant management are on the agenda. Examples include:
- Using artificial intelligence to detect submerged aquatic weeds
- Updates from a hydrilla research and demonstration project on the Connecticut River
- Using triploid grass carp for hydrilla management
- A lab evaluation of algaecides for the proactive treatment of overwintering cyanobacteria
- The importance of surface aeration in shallow pond management
- Field trials in aquatic alligatorweed management
- The efficacy of herbicide combinations in controlling hydrilla in flowing systems
A special opening session will address ways to manage conflict and communicate complex aquatic plant management messages effectively across a variety of stakeholders. In addition, WSSA’s executive director of science policy, Lee Van Wychen, will provide an update on regulatory and legislative issues of importance to the aquatic plant management industry.
There will be a variety of opportunities for student involvement, including competitions to determine the best poster presentation and the best oral presentation on aquatic plant management topics.
(For Latest Agriculture News & Updates, follow Krishak Jagat on Google News)