18 September 2023, US: The World Food Prize Foundation (WFPF) announced today the selection of nine students for its prestigious George Washington Carver (GWC) internship program for the Fall of 2023. Since its inception in 2001, the GWC internship program has impacted students from all over the country.
Each academic semester and summer, a group of highly qualified undergraduate students are chosen for this unique program, which provides them with the opportunity to take significant responsibility and initiative in planning and carrying out a wide range of the Foundation’s projects.
“This program honors what our founder Norman Borlaug always promoted, to encourage the youth through opportunities that will test them and see them grow,” said Ambassador Terry Branstad, President, World Food Prize Foundation. “The GWC internship is one of many ways we get to impact the younger generations and allow them to elevate their voices in the fight to end global hunger.”
Nine interns from Brown University, Cornell University, Grand View University, Iowa State University and the Millersville University of Pennsylvania will learn first-hand both the public and private side of operating a non-profit organization and increase their understanding of the international fight against hunger, malnutrition and poverty. The GWC Interns will work one-on-one with a staff mentor, and play an integral role in the organization and the annual World Food Prize Week of events in October.
“Having always been surrounded by the World Food Prize Foundation as an Iowa local, it is a privilege to be a part of the team,” said Blake Van Der Kamp, Fall GWC intern. “This semester I am looking forward to building and growing a network of problem solvers which will help solve food insecurity and develop global sustainability awareness. It is also a great opportunity to provide opportunities for students to explore connections across the organization’s youth social media platforms.”
The 2023 George Washington Carver Fall interns:
- Noah Huff | Grand View University, Class of 2024 | email@example.com
- Mia Kawamitsu | Iowa State University, Class of 2024 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lexey Mikolon | Millersville University of Pennsylvania, Class of 2025 | email@example.com
- Coburn Nelson | Iowa State University, Class of 2024 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- David Ngam | Cornell University, Class of 2023 | email@example.com
- Mason Nickolaus | Grand View University, Class of 2024 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Amelie Tsao | Brown University, | email@example.com
- Blake Van Der Kamp | Iowa State University, Class of 2024 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jake Zajkowski | Cornell University, Class of 2026 | email@example.com
(For Latest Agriculture News & Updates, follow Krishak Jagat on Google News)