13 July 2023, New Delhi: Lifting capacity is the maximum weight of an implement a tractor can lift for different farming operations. Without implements, a tractor is of no use to a farmer. It acts only as the primary mover. The tractor must be attached to an implement to perform different operations on the farm. For example, a cultivator is attached to the tractor to prepare the soil; a seed drill is used for seed plantation, a boom sprayer is used for spraying pesticides to protect the crops; and a tractor-mounted harvester is used for harvesting.
The lifting capacity is the measurement of the hydraulic system of a tractor. For most operations, the hydraulic system adjusts the position of the implement above the ground to work at the correct height. It is also used to sense and maintain the depth of the implements in the soil during various agricultural operations.
Lifting capacity varies from tractor to tractor. A tractor with a higher lifting capacity means it can lift and operate larger and heavier implements.
The lifting capacity is directly proportional to the engine horsepower also. It is because more engine power is needed to operate the hydraulic pump for heavy implements.
A wide range of tractors from various brands with excellent lifting capacity is available in India. For instance, Massey Tractors in India are known to come with one of the best hydraulic systems and lifting capacity. Apart from that, you may also check the Swaraj Tractors in India 2023, as they also have excellent lifting capacity and are specially designed for Indian farming conditions.
- It allows the operator to attach and drive various implements, such as cultivators, harrows, ploughs, etc.
- A tractor with good lifting capacity can easily lift and transport heavy loads, reducing manual labour and enhancing work efficiency.
- The hydraulic system of a tractor offers precise control over lifting operations, ensuring accurate depth control during field operations and uniform seed placement. As a result, it increases the quality of farming operations.
- It helps to save the time and money required to perform a particular task in the field. This is by reducing the need for additional machinery, fuel, and labour, saving time and money.
- It enhances the productivity of the farm, as farmers can complete the tasks quickly and increase the number of tasks performed in the day or season. It leads to high production and improved profitability.
- Thus, the lifting capacity of the tractor largely determines the implements that can be operated for challenging farm tasks like haulage. A tractor with a good lifting capacity is a blessing in disguise for the farmers.
Where can you find a list of tractors with the right lift capacity that suits your farming requirements?
Tractorkarvan is a one-stop digital platform for all the information farmers need on tractors and farm equipment. It provides user-friendly features that help farmers in the process of finding, buying & selling tractors and financing tractors, farm implements, farm tyres, and harvesters. On Tractorkarvan, farmers get detailed, well-researched, and curated information such as specifications, features, price & EMI, and authentic user reviews. Through its large on-ground presence, Tractorkarvan assists Indian farmers to select, buy, and finance tractors with ease.
(For Latest Agriculture News & Updates, follow Krishak Jagat on Google News)