470,000 visitors from 149 countries – compelling guiding theme “Green Productivity” – more international, more innovative, more focus on young farm professionals
20 November 2023, Germany: (DLG). The world’s leading trade fair for agricultural machinery, Agritechnica – held at the exhibition grounds in Hanover, Germany, from 12 to 18 November 2023 – has come to a close, boasting a record number of 470,000 visitors from 149 countries. 2,812 exhibitors from 52 countries presented their innovations, products and services across 24 halls at the fully booked exhibition grounds.
The organizer of Agritechnica, the DLG (German Agricultural Society), had chosen the guiding theme of “Green Productivity” for the global showcase of the international agricultural machinery industry. As part of Agritechnica’s technical program, some 400 experts taking part in more than 300 professional events provided answers to many questions of the future, placing the topics of productivity and resource conservation at a large international stage.
- The unique appeal of Agritechnica 2023 attracted a total of 470,000 visitors from 149 countries. Around two thirds came from Germany. Of the international visitors, 84 percent hailed from Europe, and 16 percent from outside Europe with a particular increase from Central and South America. The trend of increasing international participation has been confirmed among both exhibitors and visitors. For farmers from France and Poland, the highlight was the International Farmers’ Day on the Tuesday of the trade fair. Visitors from these countries benefitted from free admission and a tailored specialist program – held in their native languages – which attracted significant number of French and Polish professional attendees.
- With its many award-winning innovations and concepts, Agritechnica 2023 served as an important market guide for product launches and newly available solutions. 251 products were registered for the “Agritechnica Innovation Award”, while visionary concepts were prominent in the “DLG-Agrifuture Concept Winner 2023” award. And with the “Systems & Components Trophy”, the supplier industry demonstrated its role as an innovation driver for the agricultural machinery sector.
- The program for young farm professionals was popular among the younger visitor segment with both the Young Farmers’ Day on the Thursday of the trade fair and the “Campus & Career” area, where DLG and its partners presented a comprehensive program of information and advice on all aspects of professional careers. With many agricultural businesses currently in the process of handing over their farms, potential young entrepreneurs strive to make the optimal investment decisions.
- The DLG Spotlight on “Smart Farming” presented the current state of automation and connectivity in agriculture. Exhibitors presented their digital smart farming solutions for greater efficiency and sustainability, attracting interest from the general press.
- The “agrifood start-ups” venue for company founders in the agricultural and food sectors brought creative entrepreneurs from all over the world together with investors, providing a stimulus for technical progress.
- The inaugural “Drive Experience”, on an on-site test track, offered the opportunity to test drive tractors fitted with alternative power systems.
- The debut of the DLG spotlight “Inhouse Farming” not only attracted many farmers exploring new branches in farming, including new self-contained food systems, but also attracted the attention of TV and the general media.
- Systems & Components ideally complemented the world’s leading trade fair for agricultural machinery as a technical spotlight, industry get-together and B2B platform for the supplier industry. The innovation award scheme “Systems & Components Trophy – Engineers’ Choice” showcased the latest developments and innovations in the field of components for agricultural machinery and related sectors.
“As the world’s leading trade fair for agricultural machinery, Agritechnica 2023 has demonstrated how highly innovative the industry is. After four years, exhibitors were finally able to present their wealth of innovations to the world here in Hanover once again,” says Timo Zipf, Agritechnica Project Manager. “Everyone appreciated the opportunity for face-to-face discussions, exchanges and networking opportunities, also to make new business contacts,” adds Zipf.
“The heart of the international agricultural machinery industry beats to the rhythm of Agritechnica,” emphasizes Tobias Eichberg, Managing Director of DLG Service GmbH, “and 2023 has shown manufacturers the ideal pulse rate for offering their developments to the market, which is two years.”
“Personal networking and maintaining contacts at Agritechnica are invaluable for each and every visitor,” says Freya von Czettritz, CEO of DLG Holding GmbH.
“With awards such as ‘Woman in Ag’ and the ‘DLG Agri Influencer Award’, we not only recognize the work of a wide range of farmers, but we also support them in expanding their networks. The Dealers Lunch, which was held for the first time, also brought together top sellers and young professionals from the international agricultural machinery trade,” adds von Czettritz.
The next Agritechnica will take place from 9 to 15 November 2025.
The Agitechnica exhibition presents the full palette of farm equipment and services for crop cultivation, from tractors, tillage and seeding solutions to crop protection sprayers and combine harvesters, covering also autonomous and automated systems like field drones and robots.
“We felt that the trade fair was buzzing. The atmosphere was great. We could tell that, after four years, everyone was genuinely pleased to be back in direct contact with us as exhibitors. Agritechnica is the world’s most significant trade fair for agricultural machinery.”
Dr. Benjamin Schutte, Senior Vice President Region Middle Europe, Sales and Service, Claas.
“It was a sound decision to hold the trade fair with ‘Green Productivity’ as the main theme. We are proud of the awards that we won, both for alternative drive technologies and for our CR combine harvester. The attendance was excellent on every day of the trade fair. The global importance of Agritechnica was also reflected in the large number of international guests that we welcomed to our stand. The trade fair was a complete success.”
Steven van Kooten Niekerk, Cluster Director New Holland Benelux & Germany, Managing Director CNH Industrial Deutschland
“We were able to register record numbers of visitors to our stand. The main theme of ‘Green Productivity’ could not have expressed the current situation and challenges facing agriculture any better. It’s important that the industry meets up at Agritechnica every two years.”
Michael Horsch, Managing Director Horsch Machinery
“This trade fair is not only the leading exhibition for tractors and agricultural machinery but is also distinguished by its comprehensive overview of production systems, interfaces and digital solutions. The atmosphere is very good and we were particularly pleased with the high number of trade visitors from all over the world. Agritechnica 2023 is a good investment in preparation for 2024.”
Andreas Jess, R2 Director Marketing, John Deere Walldorf
“Agritechnica 2023 far exceeded our expectations. We are very satisfied with both the high number and quality of our visitors. The trade fair offers all agricultural target groups the right range of products and services. There is no comparable trade fair in this form and size.”
Anthony van der Ley, Managing Director/CEO Lemken Group.
“Automation, sustainability, efficiency and connectivity were the major themes of the trade fair for us. Agritechnica is the world’s leading trade fair for agricultural machinery. The international flair and innovative power on show here is second to none.”
Andreas Kaczmarczyk, Vice President Marketing Tractor Business Europe, Kubota
“Agritechnica offered an outstanding range of exhibits. The Systems & Components area also impressed as a technology hotspot. We have participated since the very beginning and benefit from the high international relevance of this B2B platform.”
Massimiliano Franz, Group Communication Director, Carraro Group
“In combination with the world’s largest agricultural trade fair, the Systems & Components Trophy offered Bondioli & Pavesi the opportunity to present our research and development work to the world. The DLG has created a first-class platform to recognize the systems that contribute to a successful future for agricultural technology. This promotes modern, efficient and ecologically sustainable agriculture.”
Claudio Bondioli, Managing Director Bondioli & Pavesi
“We are delighted with the number of visitors who came to our stand. Even more important for us as a system provider was that we had many visits from our customers, the OEMs, and high-caliber discussions with technology, sales and purchasing from all industries relevant to us. All in all, a great Agritechnica and Systems & Components 2023.”
Alex Eisner, Head of Product Communication ZF Off-Highway Systems
“The future meets the real world at the Inhouse Farming Feed & Food Show! New ideas are ‘validated’ and improved in direct exchange with farmers. What more could you want?”
Christine Marie von der Ohe, Global Peergroup Manager AgTech, Festo
“Across the globe, Agritechnica is the trade fair that you have to attend. This was our first time exhibiting here and it was really great. The visitor numbers were excellent and the support from the team before and during the trade fair was hugely helpful. We are proud to be here as part of the agrifood start-ups and I can’t wait until next time.”
(For Latest Agriculture News & Updates, follow Krishak Jagat on Google News)