03 February 2022, Africa: The African Plant Nutrition Institute (APNI) is seeking a highly qualified and enthusiastic Moroccan project manager with demonstrated expertise in project management, partnership development, and financial resource management. The holder of this position will work with the Director Business Development, Director Finance, and the Director Research, and with teams of APNI staff, to support management of specific projects, engage in grant management, and resource management and resource mobilization to back the execution and expansion of APNI crop nutrition research across Africa.
About the African Plant Nutrition Institute
APNI is a not-for-profit research and education institute based in Benguérir, Morocco. The institute works to develop and promote sustainable plant nutrition management practices and innovation through research, education and outreach. It has active research projects in East, West and North Africa. APNI was established in 2019 and this new position offers the opportunity to join a rapidly growing team that is dedicated to improving farmer livelihood through proper crop nutrition. It currently has four offices across Africa. Please refer to our website for more information: www.apni.net
Terms of Reference
The permanent position will be located at the APNI headquarters in Benguérir, Morocco. The position will support APNI’s project management, partnership development and resource management and mobilization activities. While the position reports to the Director of Business and Partnerships, there are direct links to the Directors of Research and of Finance.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead the project management of selected APNI research projects: project planning, project communication, project monitoring and evaluation, and management of project resources.
- Coordinate the preparation and timely delivery of progress reports, annual reports, project completion report and other reports required by stakeholders.
- Support project budgeting and budget implementation.
- Contribute to the management of APNI research grants: development of grant management processes, communication with grantees, grant monitoring and evaluation.
- Support APNI to identify new research opportunities from implemented projects and grants, and help to develop concepts and appropriate proposals for external funding.
- Assist in developing effective project evidence-based communication with APNI stakeholders.
- Develop and coordinate APNI’s monitoring and evaluation plan for impact assessment of research and outreach programs.
Qualifications and experience
- University degree in business admin, finance, economics, or agriculture.
- Experience in natural resources management, and/or environmental sciences and/or private sector business development is required.
- Evidence of at least 3 to 5 years of successful project portfolio management in a large program environment, and/or the private sector.
- Demonstrated experience in communication with project stakeholders, in resource management, mobilization of resources, and multi-stakeholder partnership development.
- Strong understanding and experience with the social, cultural and economic context of agriculture in Africa.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and French. Proficiency in Arabic is an advantage.
The announcement is for a full-time and permanent position, subject to the completion of a satisfactory probation period and performance. Qualified female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
Qualified candidates must submit all application materials, in English, including a detailed CV, an application letter, and the email addresses of three professional references via our online application form.