Veteran Farmers Financial Programs and Resources
11 February 2022, South Dakota: For veterans who are interested in information about farm related financial programs, we’ve compiled a list of great resources that may help your operation.
Grant and loan programs for military veterans provide vital resources for beginning farmers and ranchers.
- Beginning Farmers and Ranchers Loans for Veterans
- Farm Service Agency Direct Farm Ownership Loans
- Department of Veteran Affairs Farm Loans: Home Loans for Rural Residents
Educational and Training Resources
The USDA and numerous partners offer agricultural education and programs to help veterans gain the knowledge essential for success.
- Alternative Farming Systems:Sustainable Agriculture Education and Training Directory
- Farmer Veteran Coalition Education
- Veterans To Farmers
Business Planning Resources
Financial and business planning courses can significantly help military veteran farmers establish and maintain successful farming or ranching businesses.
- Land Stewardship Project: Farm Beginnings Class
- Farm Business Planning Online Course
- Beginning Farmers: Military Veteran Farmer Training
From all of us at Farmers Business Network: Thank you for your service.