24 August 2022, New Delhi: The ICAR-Indian Grassland and Fodder Research Institute, Jhansi, Uttar Pradesh signed two Memorandums of Understanding with The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI), New Delhi and The Balinee Milk Producer Company Limited, Jhansi on 8th August 2022 and 18th August 2022 respectively.
IGFRI and TERI has identified several areas for collaboration that include:
• Rehabilitation of Red Mud Dumping Area and other degraded area such as, Fly ash ponds, Coal, Limestone and Lignite Mines into Green Belt Development through grassland/ silvipasture / hortipasture.
• To provide suitable grass and fodder species, whenever required in research projects.
• Support in developing joint proposal preparation as consortium partner for various agencies
• Improving Livelihood of farmers and Forest Dependent Communities
• Climate Change Mitigation and Climate Vulnerability for adaptation
• Biodiversity Conservation
• Ecosystem Services and Carbon Finance Mechanism
• Training and capacity building on above subjects
IGFRI and Balinee MPC has identified several areas for collaboration that include:
1. Fodder seed of improved varieties suitable for Bundelkhand.
2. Planting material of the multi-cut perennial grasses
3. Training on fodder crops production, conservation and utilization technologies including densification, hey and silage.
4. Adoption of common villages by the Institute and Balinee MPC for institute ongoing outreach projects/ activities.
IGFRI and TERI will plan to implement joint research projects of common interests requiring expertise and logistics from both the parties and study impacts.
IGFRI and Balinee MPC will plan to conduct on farm research and study socio- economic aspects. There shall be an exchange of staff / farmers/ students for academic, research and training. The collaboration will also help in dissemination of fodder technologies through network of Balinee MPC specially with women farmers and that will lead their empowerment.
(For Latest Agriculture News & Updates, follow Krishak Jagat on Google News)