17 March 2023, AU: Join like-minded stakeholders at the 2023 National Biosecurity Forum to discuss challenges, opportunities and innovative approaches for protecting Australia’s biosecurity system.
Deputy Secretary for Biosecurity Dr Chris Locke said the forum helps us work together to maintain and strengthen our biosecurity.
“Our biosecurity system is a crucial part of preserving our agriculture sector and it operates most effectively when we work as a team because we all have a role to play,” Dr Locke said.
“The national event brings together a diverse range of industry, government and community stakeholders to discuss a collective vision for our biosecurity.
“Industry leaders will attend and present on initiatives and partnerships to improve automation, detection, surveillance and foster a shared biosecurity culture.”
Facilitated by renowned media figure, Richard Morecroft, this year’s speakers include:
- Andrew Metcalfe, Secretary, and Australia’s Director of Biosecurity
- Dr Chris Locke, Deputy Secretary for Biosecurity and Compliance
- Stuart Anderson, Deputy Director-General Biosecurity New Zealand
- Dr Mark Schipp, Australian Chief Veterinary Officer
- Dr Gabrielle Vivian-Smith, Australian Chief Plant Protection Officer
- Dr Bertie Hennecke, Australian Chief Environmental Biosecurity Officer
- Jason Strong, Meat and Livestock Australia
- Malcolm Letts, Biosecurity Queensland
- Sarah Corcoran, Plant Health Australia
- Kathleen Plowman, Animal Health Australia.
Date: Wednesday 5 April 2023
Time: 9:00am – 5:00pm
The forum will be live streamed with opportunities for you to join the discussion online. To register for the event, visit https://www.agriculture.gov.au/biosecurity-trade/policy/partnerships/nbc/national-biosecurity-forum
Also Read: Benefits of Coromandel Nano DAP for Crops
(For Latest Agriculture News & Updates, follow Krishak Jagat on Google News)