12 July 2022, Bhopal: Variation has been observed in the sowing dates this year in the areas under soybean cultivation. Soybean has been sown at about 20-25 days in some areas, 10-15 days in a few while some areas have reported sowing of crop in last week. Therefore, in the above situation, it is advisable for soybean farmers to adopt the shared advisory as per the Indian Soybean Research Institute, Indore.
1. For weed control in soybean, according to preference, use one of the chemical weedicides useful in hand weeding / dora / kulpa / standing crop. See table for list of recommended weedicides for soybean crop.
2. Farmers who have sprayed useful weedicides before sowing or immediately after sowing, they should run Dora/Kulpa after 30-20 days of harvest.
3. Due to the variation in sowing dates, there is a possibility of pest infestation for a long time, so spray insecticides safely. It is advised to apply Chlorintraniliprol 18.5 sc in soybean crop before flowering for protection from leaf-eating insects. (150 ml/ha) spray. This will provide protection from leaf-eating insects for the next 30 days.
4. Those who have not yet used useful weedicides before sowing or immediately after sowing, it is advisable to spray with any one of the following weedicides and insecticides found to be compatible with the recommended insecticides.-
(1) Insecticide: Chlorintraniliprole 18.5 sc. (150 ml/ha) or quinalphos 25 EC (1 L/ha) or indoxacarb 15.8 sc (333 ml/ha).
(2) Weedicide: Imazethapyr 10 SL (1 L/ha) or Quezalofop Ethyl 5 EC (1 L/ha).
5. In some areas, signs of stem fly infestation have been observed in soybean crop. For its control, it is recommended that Thiomethoxam 12.60% + Lambda Cyhalothrin 09.50% ZC. (125 ml/ha) spray.
List of recommended weedicides for soybean crop
|No||Type of weedicide||Chemical Name||Quantity (per ha)|
|1||Pre Plant Incorporation (PPI)||Pendimethalin + Imazethapyr||2.5-3 l|
|2||Pre-emergence (PE)||Diclosulum 84 WDG||26-30 g|
|Sulfentrazone 39.6 SC||750 g|
|Chlomozone 50 EC||1.5-2.00 l|
|Pendimethalin 30 EC||2.5-3.3 l|
|Pendimethalin 38.7 CS||1.5 – 1.75 kg|
|Flumioxazin 50 SC||250 ml|
|Metribuzin 70WP||0.75- 1 kg|
|Sulfentrazone + Clomazone||1250 ml|
|Pyroxasulfone 85 WG||150 g|
|Metolachlor 50 EC||2.0 l|
|3||Post emergence (10-12 DAS)||Chlorimuron Ethyl 25% WP + Surfactant||36 g|
|Bentazone 48 SL||2.0 l|
|Post emergence (15-20 DAS)||Imazethapyr10 SL+ Surfactant||1.00 l|
|Imazethapyr 70% WG + Surfactant||100 g|
|Quizalofop-ethyl 5 EC||0.75-1.00 l|
|Quizalofop-p-ethyl 10 EC||375-450 ml|
|Fenoxaprop-p- ethyl 9.3 EC||1.11 l|
|Quizalofop -p-tefuryl 4.41 EC||0.75-1.00 l|
|Fluazifop-p-butyl 13.4% EC||1 -2 l|
|Haloxyfop R Methyl 10.5 EC||1-1.25 l|
|Propaquizafop 10 EC||0.5-0.75 l|
|Fluthiacet methyl 10.3 EC||125 ml|
|Clethodim 25 EC||0.5-0.75 l|
|POE Pre-mix formulations (15-20 DAS)||Fluazifop-p-butyl + Fomesafen||1 l|
|Imazethapyr + Imazamox||100 g|
|Propaquizafop + Imazethapyer||2.0 l|
|Sodium Aceflourofen + ClodinafopPropargyl||1.0 l|
|Fomesafen + Quizalofop ethyl||1.5 l|
|Quizalofop Ethyl 10% EC + Chlorimuron Ethyl 25% WP + Surfactant (0.2)(Herbicide) (Twin pack)||375 ml+36g+0.2%|