20 July 2022, New Delhi: Infections of Rhizoctonia aerial blight have been reported in some areas. Farmers are advised to spray Hexaconazole 5 EC (1 ml/Lit of water) on the crop.
Symptoms of Rhizoctonia aerial blight on plant
1. Infected seeds have irregularly shaped tan or light brown sunken lesions.
2. Infected leaves appears as water soaked at first instance. They soon take on a greenish brown to reddish brown appearance.
3. The infected portion later turns tan brown or black in colour.
4. Under high rainfall or high humid conditions, a web like mycelial growth of fungus forms on the leaves.
5. Dark brown sclerotia are formed on leaves.